Thursday, December 17, 2015

Transcendentalism : My favorite Literary Era

The literary era I enjoyed the most was the transcendentalism era. I enjoyed reading about Chris McCandless and tracking down transcendentalism in pop culture. I also enjoyed the texts we read from Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry David Thoreau. These texts relates to the transcendentalism era because it taches us about it. Quotes like "imitation is suicide" relates to be being self reliant and independent. This was my favorite era because I learnt a lot from it like being self reliant and depending on oneself. I also enjoyed our walk into the woods to explore nature. Of all the eras we learnt about, this was my favorite because of Chris's journey and his reason behind it was very relatable to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment